Patient Self-Scheduling: How VozoEHR can transform your practice from “0 to 3x” profit
What stands between a patient and their timely access to the desired care? The answer is anything.
Yes, there can be hindrances when they try to connect to a provider or reach their location, or even while paying for healthcare services. These factors can have a significant impact on their health. The majority of these barriers can be addressed with patient self-scheduling.
What is Patient Self-scheduling?
Patient self-scheduling is the process of patients scheduling their online appointments through a website, portal, or text message, without any time or place limitation and clinical staff interplay.
- It is quicker than usual scheduling
- It is way much more convenient for patients
- Saves a whole lot of time and resources for healthcare organizations
Patient self-scheduling is a success in US healthcare organizations. This growing trend of self-scheduling is now unavoidable as people have been able to self-schedule reservations, book tickets, and request appointments for services through various mediums. Patient self-scheduling is now an expectation from patients and they will approach those providers who offer them this convenience.
While choosing the best patient self-scheduling solution, you must keep a few things in mind;
- Is it very much accessible?
- Is it well integrated with your current workflows?
- Does it fit your budget?
- Does it fit your specialty?
Patient self-scheduling Healthcare trend
As we said above, people are self-scheduling everything by themselves easily with the use of smartphones, laptops, portals, websites, and even text messages. They do not expect anyone to do it for them. They have a wide variety of choices while doing this.
Likewise, patients also expect to get this facility to do scheduling themselves without the interference of clinical staff. They prefer to choose those providers who offer them this solution.
The trend has been already set and the adoption rate has started to increase in the last few years, thanks to the pandemic - just for this.
How Patient self-scheduling can help your staff & benefit everyone?
Even with a large number of patients and a tighter healthcare budget, the responsibilities of your staff continue to expand. This leaves them with limited time and people with plenty of work to do. The scope of both clinical and admin responsibilities continues to grow and will lead them to work over shifts and stress. Some of these are;
- Quality initiatives, such as Patient-Centered Medical Homes, MACRA/MIPS, and others that come with health data collection and reporting works.
- Financial clearance, like talking with payers for long hours for obtaining approval for the care patients need. It can be confusing, time-consuming, and complex.
- Outstanding patient balances like the majority of patient collections at a later point in time increase tension between patients, payers, and providers. The patient collection is becoming one major problem in the industry.
Patient self-scheduling opens up windows to allow patients and staff similarly. Patients get full control over scheduling appointments that fits their convenience and staff get to work on other vital tasks and be stress-free.
Benefits of Patient Self-scheduling solution
- It saves money for both patients and staff. Researches show that it takes 6 daily self-scheduled appointments on the cost of the self-scheduling solution and each self-scheduled appointment that comes after that saves the practice 1 dollar.
- It tremendously improves patient satisfaction. The stress-freeness from just the time savings alone can improve patient satisfaction. Self-scheduling solutions allow patients to schedule in just two minutes, whereas the others take a minimum of 8 minutes. This itself is a huge difference.
- It helps attracts new patients to your facility. Self-scheduling sets you apart from other facilities that provide the usual time-consuming scheduling solutions alone. This will attract new patients who prefer to do things faster and easier.
- Improves employee engagement. With a patient self-scheduling solution, your staff can enjoy ample time left to focus on other efficient tasks. These automated tasks eliminate the staff’s manual tasks and make them stress-free.
- Reduces no-show rates & provides 24/7 access. As the patients schedule appointments themselves they will make sure that they do not miss them. It increases their engagement level. It also allows them to handle services themselves and free practices from the task of assigning the work to a third-party agency like call centers.
- Triples your practice revenue. Portals like the Vozo Patient portal provide a sophisticated self-scheduling solution that can save time, money, and energy for your practice, no matter what your specialty is. It can increase your practice revenue by 3X times.
Cloud-based EHR Software from Vozo
Patient self-scheduling makes lives better for everyone. Patients can attain convenience through the solution and practices can save time and increase their revenue. Vozo Patient Portal empowers patients and makes them the king of their healthcare journey. We integrate the portal with any EHRs and even make things easier for practices with our integrated VozoEHR.
Vozo cloud-based EHR software provides a sophisticated, customizable, and integrated EHR. It saves physicians and practices from documentation burdens.
Our customizable templates let physicians view patient records & create case notes, and more from a single screen. Vozo RCM integrated with EHR & Healthcare Practice Management software offers greater efficiency and cost savings across the board. Our specialty-specific tools improve workflow, billing, scheduling, and documentation.
Our features include e-prescribing, security, patient portals, lab integration, cloud hosting, and more. We offer the best means of ICD-10 standards which minimizes your administrative work.
“Relieve yourself from the billing complications and increase your profitability with us”