How to make Patients use your Patient Portal? [top 6 successful tips]
The healthcare continuum has already begun its transformation into the digital realm.
Along with its professionals and staff, organizations also want their patients to move along with them even if it takes time to adopt & adapt.
Care is now patient-centric. Patient portals are continuously revamped to fit the community and make care available for them easily. But due to many misconceptions, patients are reluctant to use portals that actually can make things easier for them.
With the exchange of health information in electronic format, patient portals save time and effort for staff. The added advantages for healthcare organizations don’t yet help get the patients to use portals. What can healthcare organizations do to convince patients to use the patient portal? Let’s see.
1. Let them know in person
Doing it yourself is the most effective solution to convince patients. This can be done by appointing your staff to explain to patients how to use the portal to do each function. Teach them the most important functions like how to book an appointment, how to print lab reports, etc.
The best method is using a point-of-service platform. It can be used when patients check in for appointments and set credentials for their portal in front of them. This makes them practical and convincing.
2. Use a well-integrated & easy portal
No one would prefer a troublesome portal. Promising & budget-friendly portals aren’t always the clear and easy ones. Choose a portal that fits your specific needs. Seek what you prefer and what suits your facility more.
Your patient portal could be able to integrate with other health systems with ease. This way you can get more productivity and as well avoid confusion with your staff and patients.
3. Talk about your portal all the time
Promotion plays a critical role in convincing patients about your portal. To do this, patient reviews must be considered. Use patient conversations as opportunities. Promotion can be done through staff who contact patients in person like receptionists, billing staff, and more.
Speaking about the benefits of portals can help in this situation. Let the patients know features that would help them avoid certain real-time problems they may face at the facility. Tell them about the convenience and access provided by portals and more.
4. Use the latest but easiest technology
Using the latest & trending tech is another way of convincing patients that you are up-to-date with changing trends. At the same time, you as a provider must also train yourself to be somewhat tech-friendly to explain to them what a portal is.
You should update yourself on how to work with features and services offered by your portal so that it would be easy for you to guide them.
5. Concentrate on existing patients
Existing patients are the golden ticket for attracting and convincing new patients to use portals. Many think that older patients do not know how to deal with technology. But they would be surprised once they get to teach them how to.
Once the existing and older patients are convinced about using portals, they will promote their usage on your behalf. They would rate and recommend the portal’s usage to others. But you have to convince them with practical demonstrations.
6. Get them the in-trend “mobile-handy” portal
Everyone is now mobile-friendly. People prefer mobile applications to web-oriented applications. They want convenience in their hands.
Patient Portal mobile apps can attract and convince more patients into using them. If your portal has an app, you are undoubtedly in the lead to convincing patients.
Patient Portal Software from Vozo
Vozo patient portal software has incredibly empowered patients with advanced & simplified portal features. This includes secure one-to-one messaging and easy appointment scheduling. Also provides easy access to lab reports and record consultations. Requesting and refilling e-prescriptions are way too simple now.
- Integration or implementation issues?
- Doubting the support system?
- Looking for a portal under your budget?
- Switching or upgrading to the Vozo patient portal?
- Finding troubles with usage or functions?
- Facing an issue with getting patients to opt-in?
- Security concerns?
- Our software can be easily implemented & integrated with any EHR system. It improves practice workflow and productivity.
- Our team of professionals is readily available 24/7 to get things done for you no matter what’s your practice size.
- Vozo patient portal fits your budget perfectly with monthly subscription plans.
- Switching to our portal is a very simple process, you won’t even need any help, yet our team has your back.
- We provide various step-by-step tutorials and help to get you on track with the portal.
- Our portal is simple to use and understandable to all. Once they get to try this then there will be no turning back.
- Our portal has strong privacy and security safeguards in place.
“Let’s empower your patients with the best cost-effective patient portal, together”