New Patient Inquiries: Mental Health EHR’s hidden costs in coping prospective patients
Developing an effective system to handle new patient inquiries is essential for all independent and multi-specialty clinics.
Managing potential patients could cost healthcare providers a fortune if not handled properly. For doing this, they need to know what are the hidden costs involved in managing potential patients, and how to reduce & regain their valuable time.
These can be solved with a single solution - the right mental health EHR.
New Mental Health Patients: The Costs involved in handling them
In real-time, managing prospective patients is an expensive venture. Tracking new inquiries and maintaining their contact information isn’t easy. It will cost you your productive working hours and those potential patients who walk away too soon in the process. This will happen regularly due to a highly inefficient system.
RELATED: Struggling with Collecting Payments for your Mental Health Practice? [Top solutions to check out]
Staff hour Costs
Managing the list of potential patients itself will consume an enormous amount of your time. This time could be used for other tasks that would assist you to grow your practice. Manual tasks in tracking potential patients include;
- Tracking, monitoring, and responding to email inquiries
- Answering phone queries
- Collecting data on symptoms
- Collecting information regarding insurance coverage
- Entering client information into the database manually
- Managing follow-ups of potential patients
- Reviewing the database regularly
- Converting potential patient data into regular patient accounts when they seek treatments
- Training for staff to manage potential patient calls
Lost prospective patient Costs
Some many reasons and glitches that can make your potential patient go away at any time during the process. One of the common reasons is when you don’t respond to a prospective patient’s voicemail or email. No proper response or any improper handling, follow-ups, etc., from your side, can lead to losing a potential client for your growth.
Staying up-to-date with & answering patient inquiries is very much key to holding back prospective patients on your side. Even with all these, a bad first impression you can make your patients feel uncomfortable and unsafe.
You need to be organized, welcoming, different, and pleasant to interact with. We present you with some things that can turn a new mental health patient away from your practice.
- Unwelcoming manner or attitude of your staff
- Long time since a response from your side
- Disorganized & uncoordinated follow-ups and tasks
The perfect solution: An EHR software to harmonize new patient inquiries
A mental health EHR with potential patient management abilities is the perfect solution to fix the issues without hiring more staff. It can streamline and organize the task of busy clinical staff.
An Electronic Health Record can store patient records and lets you access anytime the records of inquiries. You can handle their contact details, the time of their inquiry, the symptoms reported, and more.
How to calculate your potential or patient ratio?
Many mental health clinics don’t track and monitor how many potential patients they convert and how many they lose each year. These data can add benefit to their financial strategy. This calculation can be done simply with the following steps;
- Find out the number of inquiries you get each month to calculate how many potential patients convert to new patients.
- Sum up the number of new mental health patients who schedule treatments with you in real.
- Here you go. You can see the result in the figures!
If you find yourself dealing with losing a larger percentage of patients than you think, it is high time that you improve or changes your process entirely. This can be done by implementing good, efficient, budget-friendly, technologically advanced EHR software.
Specialty EHR from Vozo
Among all the features of a good EHR system, the most essential attribute is an inherent user experience. A perfect cloud-based EHR should tick all the following points:
- Easy to find
- Workflow rationality
- Navigable platform
- Improves physician’s capabilities
- Enhance the practice’s efficiency
Vozo Sepcailty EHR for mental health practices is affordable because it is exclusively tailored to fit the specialized requirements.
- VozoEHR takes only seconds to implement.
- Training and support are included
- Exclusive 30-day free trial period
- Tailored billing features
- Simplifies your workflows
- 100% safe and secured interoperability
- Eco-friendly paperless transactions guaranteed
Vozo cloud-based EHR software provides a sophisticated, customizable, and integrated EHR specially made to save physicians and practices from documentation burdens. Vozo Specialty EHR acts as the backbone for all your mental health practice’s needs. We tailor features specially to correct and speed up your workflow, enabling you to provide special quality care.
With Vozo’s EHR integration and customization services, you can filter and tailor features according to your practice’s exact need and necessity without spending too much money and increasing clinical productivity at the same time.
“Relieve yourself from the patient management complications and increase your growth with us”