Low Patient Portal Adoption Rates? Follow our #1 Practical Solution today
The healthcare continuum has already begun its transformation into the digital realm. Along with its professionals and staff, organizations also want their patients to move along with them even if it takes time to adopt & adapt.
Care is now patient-centric. Patient portals are continuously revamped to fit the community and make care available for them easily. But due to many misconceptions, patients are reluctant to adopt portals that actually can make things easier for them.
With the exchange of health information in electronic format, patient portals save time and effort for staff. Yet the added advantages for healthcare organizations don’t yet help get the patients to adopt and use portals. What can healthcare organizations do and what are the barriers to elevating the adoption rate? Let’s see.
The patient portal barriers
Many reasons contribute to the low adoption rates of patient portals. These reasons may seem simple but yet a small crack can bring down a dam, right?
- The starting point or basics or foundation to kick start the usage is not clear.
- Nowadays, most people discard or do not read print-based instructions.
- People simply forget how to access portals.
- People may forget the login password or username.
- Things may be too difficult to remember for the senior generation.
- Some may find navigating and locating the relevant information confusing and time-consuming.
- Many patient portals create confusion due to the lack of a clear name or app information.
- Lack of integration results in less interest.
- Some patients may simply not feel comfortable using computers or online technology.
How can healthcare organizations increase patient portal users’ adoption rate?
Most patients when felt confused or irritated with elongated functions usually disengage. But we all know that ignoring this doesn’t solve the problems of healthcare organizations.
The next questions that arise here are what are healthcare organizations going to do about this and how can they solve this?
- They can allot support staff to reach out and educate patients about the access and usage of the patient portals.
- But it is a challenging attempt.
- It calls for significant dedication from organizations to use their resources, time, and energy.
- It is not practical.
Practical solution: Software solutions
- The Portal carries valuable capabilities and vital information available 24/7 to patients if needed. This encourages its usage & adoption.
- Sending portal documents automatically to patients through secured email is more convenient. This saves time.
- This type of software solution gathers copies of patient portal documents of a particular encounter.
- It ties ups everything together and sends them in a single mail to the patient.
- Patients can access information from anywhere using smartphones, tablets, iPhones, laptops, and computers.
- The patients just have to agree to receive emails about their encounters from healthcare organizations.
- Emails are HIPAA & PHI-compliant. They are encrypted and fulfill other security requirements.
Patient Portal software from Vozo
Vozo patient portal software has incredibly empowered patients with advanced & simplified portal features. This includes secure one-to-one messaging and easy appointment scheduling. Also provides easy access to lab reports and record consultations. Requesting and refilling e-prescriptions are way too simple now.
- Integration or implementation issues?
- Doubting the support system?
- Looking for a portal under your budget?
- Switching or upgrading to the Vozo patient portal?
- Finding troubles with usage or functions?
- Facing an issue with getting patients to opt in?
- Security concerns?
- Our software can be easily implemented & integrated with any EHR system. It improves practice workflow and productivity.
- Our team of professionals is readily available 24/7 to get things done for you no matter what’s your practice size.
- Vozo patient portal fits your budget perfectly with monthly subscription plans.
- Switching to our portal is a very simple process, you won’t even need any help, yet our team has your back.
- We provide various step-by-step tutorials and help to get you on track with the portal.
- Our portal is simple to use and understandable to all. Once they get to try this then there will be no turning back.
- Our portal has strong privacy and security safeguards in place.
“Let’s empower your patients with the best cost-effective patient portal, together”