How Small Practices Are Investing In EHR On A Budget (Secrets Revealed)
Convenience is the “caviar” and is in the greatest demand for healthcare at present.
With the increasing demand, it’s very essential to operate to the optimum level to meet the requirements under the budget of your small practice and to stay fit among the highly ranked. EHR stands as a pillar of support here.
The Secret Plus Points Of Budgeted Investment In EHR
The eager investments in EHR by many countries show us the cost-effectiveness and savings contributed. The cost-effectiveness of EHR for small practices can be measured in the form of the following functions.
- Automation of paper documentation and labor-intensive tasks
- Reduced storage costs
- Reduced re-workings which involve costs
- Reduced medical errors, saves from legal financial losses
- Enhanced service quality
The Costs Involved
Many studies estimate that the costs of installation of an EHR software vary around $15,000 and $70,000. This range and your budget depend upon various factors such as;
- Size of your practice
- The functionality of the EHR
- The level of integration required
- Mode of operation- on-site or web-based (SaaS model)
Remodeling Small Practices With EHR
The main processes of small practices might be the same, but outdoing something customary brings out the solutions to meet the need for modernizing small practices. Taking a leap into your Electronic Health Record (EHR) is the best and simple step in understanding and finding ways to fine-tune your small medical practice.
Just answer this question: Does your EHR own a simple and instinctive workflow?
The basic function of an EHR is to prop up small practice physicians with the delivery of quality care and not to stand as an obstacle. If your EHR is efficient enough, it should help you discover your clinical inefficiencies and the ways to improve them.
The Essential Features That Would Do Wonders
EHRs can wake or make a small practice. It depends on many factors and its features are one of the top things. Features can elevate or degrade if not used appropriately. Here we present you with the top features of EHR any small medical practice can utilize to increase efficiency.
1. Automated Kiosk
Automated or patient kiosk tools help the healthcare industry to computerize:
- Check-Ins and registration,
- Online form fillings,
- Patient status,
- Methodize patient queuing,
- Insurance confirmation,
- Report of outstanding payments, and
- Payment of bills.
For a small practice to be successful, it needs a strong check-in process. The patient kiosk can save a great deal for your practice here. It streamlines the check-in processes and results in an improved patient experience.
- Patients can provide vital info like demographics, family history, and more by self-service check-ins.
- The info collected is directly integrated into the practice’s EHR.
- They will be available for the physician's view at any time.
- It avoids paper forms and inconvenience, thus improving check-in processes.
- Benefits everyone at the same time.
2. Document Management
Nothing works well for small practices as well-equipped and tightly organized EHRs. It is just like filling gas and looking after a car. Your car if not maintained properly won't give you its proper mileage and performance. Likewise, your EHR must equip you with comprehensive document management abilities;
- To secure your patient files,
- Keep them organized, and
- Make them easily accessible.
The perfect EHR will have an easy document management system exclusively designed to make it easier for healthcare providers to search and find the needed data, at the right time.
A Cloud-based EHR system like Vozo EHR, with its capability to integrate and bring out scans, faxes, and other paperwork electronically will aid your small practice to save your valuable time and money.
3. Digital ID Scanning
This is the advanced feature of EHR that enhances the patient check-in process, by recording driver’s license and insurance information quickly and promptly.
How it's done:
- When a patient visits, their card will be placed on the scanner for collecting information.
- The procured data will be then integrated into the EHR.
This eliminates the need for different data entries and possible errors that results in inefficiency.
4. Integrated Billing
An efficient billing system can elevate the functionality of your small practice. Imagine if it is also integrated! Without a doubt, we can say that it will make wonders for your practice.
In the present day, integrations have become more important. It is vital to optimize your practice efficiency and your mere foundation. As we said earlier, an efficient and perfect billing system should;
- Automate your administrative and claim management tasks.
- Ease your insurance verification and eligibility checks.
- Allow you to directly bill from your EHR.
These integrated features will help you to enhance your billing processes and allow you to get reimbursed promptly and faster for the care rendered.
E-prescribing makes your practice shine alone in the crowd. This is the most demanded feature by patients. Electronic prescriptions allow small practice physicians;
- To prescribe and send prescriptions from within their EHR.
- Gives maximum efficiency.
- High security.
- Ensures patient safety.
It makes the process of receiving medications smoother for patients. It also improves patient experience and medication adherence.
The Bonus Attributes: The Comparison
1. Standard features:
These are the features that are essential to make an EHR system worthy.
- Meaningful Use certified
- Document management
- Patient history records
- Patient Portal
- Billing Dashboard
2. Additional haves:
Other than standard EHR features that are almost the same in all EHRs, some nice-to-have features improve the physicians' experience.
- Integrated clearinghouses
- Automatic claim management
These features aren’t available for all EHRs.
Transforming Small Practices Into Ultra-Modernized Ones
Among all the features of a goof EHR system, the most essential attribute is an inherent user experience. A perfect EHR should tick all the following checks:
- Easy to find
- Workflow rationality
- Navigable platform
- Improves physician’s capabilities
- Enhance practice’s efficiency
Do you want a new effective EHR software? Or does your current EHR system fulfill all the above-mentioned criteria? If not, it's not too late to change to a budget-friendly yet efficient EHR system that can optimize your practice workflow, efficiency, and patient experience.
Welcome to VozoEHR, the dream come true for many promising small practices like you
Get ready to manage your practice with Vozo’s cloud-based advanced EHR software. Our secure cloud-based EHR software enables you to take care of your;
- Patient’s medical records
- Automate lab orders
- Submit superbills
- Secured transfer of information, in just a few clicks.
VozoEHR is affordable for small practices because it is exclusively tailored for small practices. You would ask for an explanation, do not worry we have got you!
- VozoEHR takes only seconds to implement.
- Training and support are included
- Exclusive 30-day free trial period
- Tailored billing features
- Simplifies your workflows
- 100% safe and secured interoperability
- Eco-friendly paperless transactions guaranteed
So what are you waiting for? Stop for a moment and think of a better future. Come and join us to transform your small practice into an extravagant service port. Visit our website for more information.
“Let’s make your small practice the most efficient one, together”