Checklist To Find The Best EHR For Your Practice
Choosing the right Electronic Health Record (EHR) is a big decision for any practice. There are hundreds and thousands of EHRs accessible on the healthcare marketplace, as there are a huge number of medicines available for any specific illness. But which suits your practice?
Just like each patient requires a different type of medicines based on their illness, the healthcare practices should also need different EHRs that fit their practice workflow. Are you still searching for the best EHR software for your practice? This EHR checklist will help you to get the best one for your practice.
Excellent Client Support
A healthcare provider or a clinical practice will require long periods of preparing, nearby or off-site, before an EHR is executed and the practice is prepared to utilize it. While the studies may propose that it needs around 20 odd hours of training before an EHR is executed, it isn't uncommon for medical practice staff and doctors to require extra training as they find new things about EHR software and look to customize it to fit their own practice needs.
So it is very important to research the customer support of a vendor. It is always better for you if your vendor is located close to your region which benefits you from on-site training. But even if off-site training is required make sure your vendor has not outsourced client support to third-party contractors in other countries to lower costs. Why because this can turn out to be an uneasy relationship later. So choose the best vendor that can look after your requirements quickly and effectively.
Integrated Billing Solutions
The greatest advantage of EHR software is, it can easily manage all your billing activities effectively. Some of the medical practices go with various software for each specific works, such as practice management software, clinical, or medical recording software. But the adoption of integration solutions makes the clinical, administrative, and financial much more efficient.
Tools and features in integrated EHRs that verify health plan coverage and insurance limits of patients let providers know beforehand the chances of payment from particular patients. Similarly, a system can automatically generate procedure and diagnoses codes for billing. Also, standardized coding and recording without the use of human calculation and tools for recording, arranging, and analyzing data make EHRs a wonder.
EHR selection Checklist:
Before choosing the best EHR for your practice make you whether the software best fits the below-mentioned requirements:
- Can our EHR needs be met by a free open source system?
- How much training is needed to implement the EHR software?
- Does the vendor offer training and ongoing support?
- What are the out of the box and ongoing costs for the software?
- Does the vendor offer technical support in designing the implementation process?
- What have other clinicians and staff currently using the EHR system experienced during the implementation process?
- Can the EHR be easily integrated with the other services you use (billing systems, public health interfaces, etc.)?
- How well will the data you have in your existing system transfer to the new system?
- Who will implement the new system?
- What support is offered when the system does not work as planned or needs to be upgraded?
- Does the EHR offer patient demographic and care management data?
- Does the EHR offer clinical decision support?
- Is the EHR data interoperable with other healthcare providers, labs, pharmacies, and patients?
- Does the EHR‘s functionality fit into Meaningful Use goals?
Before choosing the best EHR software some specific features should be researched as mentioned below:
Administrative / Patient Features
- Patient scheduling/appointment management
- Patient registration (insurance, patient information, demographic data, consents)
- Billing systems and receivables management
- Insurance claim validation and verification
- Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)
- Custom reports
- Third-party reporting integration
- Task management
Patient Portal Features To Check In EHR Software
In addition to clinical and administrative functions, EHRs play a vital role in effectively communicating with patients, in addition to improving their overall experience. Some features to evaluate include:
- Online booking
- Desktop and mobile/texting options
- Desktop and mobile access
- Automatic reminders and missed appointments
- Built-in and third-party patient portals
- Medication refill requests
- View lab results
- Patient-Provider communication
- Education materials access
- Phone and email alerts and capabilities
Vozo EHR For Your Practice
The VOZO cloud-based EHR software is built with the easy to access advanced features to improve your practice’s clinical care. With VOZO smart EHR tools such as convenient patient portal, advanced e-prescribing, clinical decision support, RCM, and billing solution with anytime mobile accessibility make it easier to provide quality care and better patient experience.