Vozo E-Prescribing for Psychiatry [Top 6 problems & mind-blowing solutions]
Psychiatry among the other health departments deals with “0” to the most complicated problems daily. They need the most easiest yet advanced health systems like E-prescribing to take care of their workflows.
What is E-prescribing or E-Prescription?
According to a source, “electronic prescription (e-prescribing or e-Rx) is the computer-based electronic generation, transmission, and filling of a medical prescription, taking the place of paper and faxed prescriptions.
E-prescribing allows a physician, physician assistant, pharmacist, or nurse practitioner to use digital prescription software to electronically transmit a new prescription or renewal authorization to a community or mail-order pharmacy.
It outlines the ability to send error-free, accurate, and understandable prescriptions electronically from the healthcare provider to the pharmacy. E-prescribing is meant to reduce the risks associated with traditional prescription script writing.
It is also one of the major reasons for the push for electronic medical records. By sharing medical prescription information, e-prescribing seeks to connect the patient's team of healthcare providers to facilitate knowledgeable decision-making.
Problems of Psychiatry Practices & Solutions offered by Vozo E-prescribing
1. Prescribing drug errors
Prescription drug errors are threatening for psychiatric patients. It may occur in situations like misspelling similar drugs for different conditions. It seems simple but when a patient gets the wrong drug for a simple issue and ends up suffering from other problems resulting from the wrong drug.
- Vozo E-prescribing will relieve psychiatric patients’ caretakers of tensions with drug errors.
- Patients will feel safer & more confident as they receive the correct medication electronically.
2. Losing prescriptions?
Losing prescriptions in paper format is easy. They may get old, torn, or missed in the short term. It can be misplaced and lead to more headaches for patients and caretakers. This results in rewriting the whole prescription or re-doing the whole diagnostic process again.
- Say a big “no” to these problems with Vozo E-prescribing.
- This avoids unfortunate circumstances by storing the prescriptions electronically.
- It allows prescriptions to be sent directly to pharmacies so that caretakers don’t have to keep track of another piece of paper.
3. Irregular tracking of prescriptions
There is no way to track the medicine getting filled when a patient leaves with a paper-filled prescription.
- Vozo E-prescribing can help prescribers track if patients fill or refill prescriptions.
- This gives therapists the ability to counsel patients on medication management when needed.
- This saves patients from getting misled.
4. Improper monitoring of controlled substance prescription
Some E-prescribing software in the market allows e-prescriptions to be sent for controlled substances to drug stores. This increases the convenience for the patients. This enables the tracking of the number of controlled substance prescriptions by the prescribers.
- Vozo E-prescribing can save patients significantly from over-prescribing or physician-shopping problems.
- It also makes it easier for States to track data across many pharmacies using the Prescription drug Monitoring Program (PDMP).
- This saves patients from wrong prescribing and dangerous medications.
5. Lack of patient safety & medication adherence
Patient safety and medication adherence are very significant when it comes to prescriptions. Common forms of non-adherence include taking a lower dose than prescribed, not completing the entire course of medication, and not understanding the instructions of the prescriptions.
- By increasing legibility & decreasing medication errors, and Adverse Drug Events (ADEs), Vozo E-prescribing improves patient safety.
- Many studies show that E-prescribing helps to avoid this issue by increasing first-fill medication adherence by as much as 10%.
6. Lack of time for patient-centered tasks
Research states that almost 30% of prescriptions need pharmacy callbacks. This takes the valuable time of therapists and pharmacists from activities like educating patients and caregivers about the medications.
- Vozo E-prescribing significantly reduces the time taken for extra tasks.
- It helps to reduce the volume of callbacks with legible, perfect medication choices, and more.
- This increases the clinical workflow efficiency and productivity.
E-prescribing from Vozo
E-prescribing benefits psychiatric patients & caregivers in many ways than the paper-based prescription method. It has started attracting many patients with its easy access, sharing, and maintenance. It will become the easiest hit in the future if psychiatric therapists get to fully know their vast benefits. Caregivers will be satisfied with the easy way of handling prescriptions.
We provide practices opportunity to use Vozo E-prescribing solutions to make the medical life of your patients easier and safer. It will help psychiatric practices create more accurate prescriptions, deliver safe experiences to all patients & reduce costs.
With Vozo Specialty EHR, e-prescribing is securely integrated into specialty practices. Prescriptions can be directly completed from your patient’s chart in a hassle-free manner. Healthcare experts can also easily access patients’ health records & medication details and automate prescription renewal requests all in one place.
“Let’s make the prescription process easier for your patients, together”