Why Small Hospitals are changing EHRs more Often than Large ones?
Reality check: When it comes to EHR from the business point of view, larger hospitals are targeted more by a majority of vendors, than the smaller ones, as it provides more revenue in the short run.
But on the other hand, smaller hospitals being the connectors of the general public, are to be given more attention for revenue generation in the long run. Small hospitals have started moving towards larger tech companies for Health Information Technology, in the last decade, as many vendors failed to deliver expected outputs.
What are the EHR Implementation Challenges faced by Small Hospitals?
There is a handful of challenges when it comes to EHR implementation for smaller hospitals in case of both financial and technical aspects. The challenges may include some or all of the following;
- Staff resistance
- EHR Implementation costs
- Data privacy
- Lack of usability
- Data Migration
Delivering small hospitals’ EHR demands and budget is itself a challenging task for many vendors. In this article, we are going to discuss the main 3 challenges that make small hospitals often change their EHRs more than large hospitals. Let’s jump into them.
Why training is considered a challenge when it provides a backup for working with the new EHR?
- First, it is time-consuming. The time required may increase or decrease based on the type of service.
- For example, if the hospital only required the integration of certain features, they might need only a smaller time to train when compared to the whole system’s post-implementation training.
- Second, the cost. Investing more time and resources in providing training for small hospital staff may not please many vendors.
- The staff may or may not be technically strong. This means more time on training and resources. This is why most EHR vendors don’t prefer smaller hospitals.
Vozo cloud-based EHR Software comes with easy implementation, integration, and customization services for small hospitals regardless of your specialization. We understand each medical team is different when it comes to functionalities and operations.
Our team provides specialized training & puts in extra effort to make your staff understand the new system and adjust to the system accordingly. There is no fear of barrier challenges during the training phase because we take care of even the smallest problems and have extra patience for everything.
2. Delivering the promised product functionalities
- Talking is one thing, delivering the promised product is another thing.
- The second reason why small hospitals often change EHRs is that many vendors fail to deliver the promised product functionalities.
- This may be due to many reasons
- Lack of communication
- Lack of technical resources
- Lack of proper planning
Vozo has been doing EHR implementations, integrations, and customizations for small, large, and specialty hospitals for many years now. Our EHR software is well-built for advanced interoperability. Our team is expertise in properly executing the plan as asked.
Business transparency is assured with us. Each stage of planning and execution will be communicated properly to avoid any future misunderstandings. We plan strategies meticulously to fit your budget & requirements and deliver the product functionalities as promised with perfection, exceeding expectations.
“Let us make you well-settled with your new EHR with proper support so that you need not change to another for a long while”